Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Eurasian Cranes at Hornborgasjön in Sweden

Finally, here are my photographs from Lake Hornborga of one of Europe's most impressive species (I may have a crane bias though!). I'm planning a trip to New Mexico in the winter (I know it currently still feels like winter here) to photograph the Sandhill Cranes and Snow Geese at Bosque del Apache. The dream, one day, would be to go to Hokkaido in winter to photograph the Japanese Cranes in the snow!
All images are available to purchase as large, high-quality prints.
Larger and better quality versions can be viewed on my photo site:
http://www.frasersimpson-birdphotography.com/












































7 comments:

Ann Burke said...

I am the Director of Public Relations at the International Crane Foundation in Baraboo, WI. I have viewed thousands of photos of the 15 crane species. I want you to know your Eurasian Crane shots are absolutely beautiful - some of the nicest of this species I've ever seen! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Definitely some of the best photos you've ever taken! Well done!!

I will give you a list and money when I see you of the what I want!

The only negative thing I can say, though not too negative is how much of a shame it is that no-one can see just how great your photos are. After seeing them on the full screen of your PC, the smaller versions to fit on blogger don't show them as good as they really are.

Lisa xx

Fraser Simpson said...

Thank you Ann and Lisa - much appreciated.

MaineBirder said...

I echo the others when I say a spendid photo series of the Eurasian Crane! Great work!

Fraser Simpson said...

Thanks John!

Bilal said...

Hi Fraser,
It was great to meet you at Trandansen, thank you for signing my guestbook. I just found your blog and I'm really impressed by your photos, amazing work!
I'm looking forward to see your updates.
// Bilal

Fraser Simpson said...

Thanks Bilal. Yes, good to meet you too. Hope you have a great trip to Svalbard!