Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ayrshire Birds

Home to Ayrshire this weekend. I couldn't make up my mind if I should take the 'scope or the lens (luggage limited by coach travel) both of which have different tripods/heads. The forecast was bad but plumped for the camera and lens anyway. Below are a few photos from Irvine Harbour and Barassie. Usual good stuff at Bogside with good numbers of Golden Plover. Also Red-breasted Merganser, Peregrine, Bar-tailed Godwit, Whooper Swan, Short-eared Owl, etc. The Med Gull is from Barassie which more or less flew right into the frame. Waiting on the tide to bring it in towards me (hidden in the low dune) the local psycho decided to scare it off (after having previously seen off some road verge feeding Oystercatchers about half a mile away). Was this guy following me around? The crab-eating female Eider below was in Irvine Harbour.

No comments: