Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Aberdeen

I was up in Aberdeen at the weekend visiting Lisa (thanks National Non-express for the lousy service). Not surprisingly the weather was wet and wild but we did get down to the shore briefly to observe Purple Sandpiper, Turnstone and Sanderling on the high tide along with good numbers of Rock Pipits and Scandinavian Herring Gulls. I attempted my first long-exposure seascape (at 8 seconds) and converted it to monochrome. Can't wait to get home to Ayrshire for Christmas and New Year to try out more along the coastline there.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You've certainly made Aberdeen appear more interesting than it really is! hahaha. Great photo! One of the best you've done I'd say!

Fraser Simpson said...

Thanks! Maybe I shouldn't give up on birds just yet...

Warren Baker said...

Very interesting photo fraser, the water looks like fog.