The 2005 edition of the Ayrshire Bird Report, incorporating the Ayrshire Butterfly Report, is now available priced at £4. Essential reading for anyone visiting the county in south-west Scotland, it contains the most important bird and butterfly sightings recorded last year as well as informative articles on Ayrshire's avifauna. It is published by the Ayrshire Branch of the SOC (Scottish Ornithologists' Club).
Contents:It can be purchased from The Bookshelf, Newmarket Str, Ayr and Church St, Troon, Ottakars, High St, Ayr and Lochwinnoch RSPB Nature Reserve. Copies can also be obtained from treasurer Dick Vernon (01292 442195).
· Introduction by Fraser Simpson
· The Birds of the Hunterston Area by Marco McGinty & James T M Towill
· Birds in Ayr by Dick Vernon
· The Kestrel in Ayrshire 2005 by Gordon Riddle
· Sparrowhawk Breeding Details 2005 by Ian Todd
· Chronological Summary by Angus Hogg
· Systematic List by Angus Hogg
· Recent Rarities in Ayrshire: Black Kite by Angus Hogg
· The S.B.R.C. List
· Ayrshire Butterfly Report 2005 compiled by Nicola Macintyre
Please visit the Ayrshire Birding website for further details or e-mail me.Fraser Simpson (Editor)
Post a Comment