Sunday, February 10, 2008

Walthamstow Colonies

Observing the breeding activities of Cormorants and Grey Herons at Walthamstow Reservoirs today. Large numbers breed on the wooded islands but they are a bit too far from the banks for decent shots. At least 17 Shelduck were present with several birds displaying. They are extremely nervous birds here so I spent about 20 minutes creeping on my knees along the water's edge along the narrow bank separating two of the basins. After a further 10 minutes allowing them get used to a head appearing on the horizon, I lay flat and attempted some unusual shots. Another great sunset for some silhouettes. I also attempted to get a Robin singing under the moon though there was too much 'twig clutter'.

1 comment:

Warren Baker said...

I like the idea of the robin. I might try that!!