Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brown Shrike on Staines Moor

The Surrey Brown Shrike (Lanius cristatus) - potentially the 8th for Britain - remained all week after being found on 11 October. Today was my first chance of getting there and after a hassle-free trip on the Piccadilly Line via Heathrow Terminal 5 and a short bus journey to Stanwell Moor I joined the procession of birders walking out to Staines Moor. The views were poor though, particularly as my 'scope is still in Scotland, and the shrike kept its distance from the crowd.

3 comments:

Warren Baker said...

Nice bird Fraser, glad you managed to connect with it.

PS its re-assuring to see that my photo's are as good as yours on this occassion!!

Fraser Simpson said...

Thanks Dale. Yes, one for the 'evidence' folder only!

Anonymous said...

Lol. I was about to say the same. A quick snap just to prove you had been there and seen it!