Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fishing for Piranha

I used to do a bit of fishing with my dad and brother when I was young, but that was before I got hooked on birds. I took some time to catch breakfast with Miguel this morning. He caught some bait fish with a special weighted net which he skilfully threw from the dugout canoe. I caught five Red-bellied Piranhas (Pygocentrus nattereri) and one of a different 'white' species which were soon joining the rest of the catch for soup, rice and a cocona and aji salad.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh, you used to do a bit of fishing when you were younger but then became abit more exciting thankfully! lol.

Nice shots!!

Fraser Simpson said...

Piranha fishing is exciting!

Anonymous said...

yeh but normal fishing isnt. thats just for dudes!lol